Nikolas arrived last Friday, October 21 in Andros island and the next morning sailed for the Aegean crossing.
He first called Myconos island, passed Delos and finaly for the night he had to stop in Donoussa due to heavy weather.
The journey proves more demanding than expected due to the hard weather conditions – wind mostly of force 7 and waves 3.5 to 4.5 meters on Saturday and 4 to 4.5 meters on Sunday.
Tumbled sea on the leg from Andros towards Tinos.
SUNDAY 23th of October
Today he sailed to Koufonissi and early in the aftenoon headed to Amorgos, where he arrived later in the afternoon, so he will spend the night there.
The sailling to Tilos & windy Karpathos is for tomorrow, with moderate wind forecast.
MONDAY 24th of OCTOBER
Well, maybe the forecast about “moderate” wind is just averaging the greatly variable conditions of this last sailing leg. Here is the description given by Nikolas’ support team late in the afternoon:
Good evening to everybody.. difficult day today..for those who dig about weather..the Karpathian Sea is one of the hardest aereas..The last update we got was 2 hours ago..(mobile phones are out of reach and we have no other means for information..)..Even if something happens they have to get really close to the island to get network signal.What we know is that the wind in quite a few places was dropping to 6-10knots(that is 2-3bft) demanding pumping…for extended periods..while there were spots where wind suddenly was coming back very strong…in 1hour & 28 minutes the sun will set and the port of Karpathos(facing East-not West)will have not much light after sunset..We are very worri
BUT HE DID IT ! Pumping & struggling in the dark he dropped his sail docking in the port of Karpathos…Bravo Nikola & THANK YOU.